Monday, September 15, 2008

O Boy!

Jeff had his appt with the Orthopedic Surgeon today. He has a spiral fracture up his tibia; the big bone in the lower leg. There is also a small fracture in his fibula; the small bone in the lower leg. Because the spiral fracture has moved and is not in-line, he will have a titanium rod placed inside his tibia tomorrow morning. He finally got some decent pain medications, but now we are both having surgery around the same time tomorrow! Insane! I feel like cancelling my elective surgery, and yet I don't want to take the time off of work again.......
My mom and Jeff's parents are coming up to escort us both to our surgery centers. Jeff will probably spend the night in the hospital.
What a week! Pray that it all will go smoothly!

6 comments:

Schreurs said...

Jeff and Jenny.. good luck with your surgeries tomorrow.. what the luck.. We will be thinking about the two of you.

Tifanie said...

We will be thinking of you guys tomorrow. That is just too bizarre to both go in the same day for surgery. Best of Luck...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Jeff's leg!! I guess we will both have husband's with casts on for the next two months! It's too bad they can't gimp around together! I hope everything goes well tomorrow. I will say my prayers for you two! Miss you lots! Kari

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you all day. Three family members getting surgery in one week...crazy! I pray everything goes fine.
Michelle

Angela said...

I am praying for you both right now!

Jina said...

We are praying for you both here as well. From the sounds of it things went well thus far. Jeff practically fell asleep talking to me. Guess he is comfortable :) Love Ya