Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What the?

Jeff and I drove out to the new house on Monday to see if any progress had been made. The doors and trim had been delivered-yeah!! After closer inspection, we discovered that the wood was knotty (or naughty, like Jeff and I say) alder, while we ordered clear alder!!!!!


After Jeff's blood pressure returned to normal we spoke with the builder the next day, and found out that it would be another 8 weeks for the clear alder to be available. Eight more weeks on a house that is already very delayed in the building process! In order to appease us, the builder offerred to pay the difference of cost in ordering cherry wood (which is available in 1 week) so we can continue to get the house done!!


At this point we just want it to be completed!

3 comments:

Erin said...

What the? is right!!!! You'd think the people you hire to build your home would be a little more detail oriented! I can imagine the patience level is very thin =) You better come down to Lakeville on Friday night and relax!!

Michelle said...

What are you going to do when you don't have all these stressors in your life? Between a new job and building the house and brother-in-law shenanigans I think you deserve a weekend at the spa or something!!

Anonymous said...

Somedays it just seems like nothing is done correctly the first time. The end is near I hope.