Wednesday, January 23, while at work, I experienced pain again in my right lung, which was similar to my previous ptx. I had a chest xray, and indeed it showed a pneumothorax. By Thursday, I was in the operating room having a pleurodesis, where my lung was deflated and 3 scopes were placed in my lung to view it's surface. A biopsy was taken of my lung, and the surface of the lung was sprayed with aerosolized talc, which chemically adheres my lung to my chest wall. A chest tube was then placed into one of the scope sites, and my lung was re-inflated.
I returned back to the floor from which I left 3 weeks ago!!! All of my wonderful nurse and health care assistants took such good care of me. I had a lot of pain with the chest tube, but it was out after 24 hours. I also had a lot of nausea from the pain meds......so, I'm home, free of tubes and dazed from the percocet!!!
The pneumothorax should never return (hopefully) and I'm to return to work in 1-2 weeks. Jeff and my mom are currently babying me, and I'm on the road to recovery!!
6 comments:
may you be blessed with a speedy recovery!
blessings,
rob
Those pictures make me sad. I know you are being well taken care well by mom and hubby but let me know if i can do anything to help!! Praying and thinking about you!
Oh Jenny,
We are def thinking and praying for you. Speedy recovery is on the way!!!!
Oh, Jenny~ So sorry to hear about your lung troubles...We are praying for you! It can't be fun to be on the receiving end of medical care when the majority of your days are spent being the one proving the caring! Do they know why it happened again?
Our prayers are with you!
I'm glad you're doing better and hope for a speedy recovery. Goodbye ptx!!!
My dear sista, I hope you are feeling better...wish we were closer to help! We have been thinking and praying for you lots!
Post a Comment