Post Op Day #5
I'm feeling better. I still have some pain issues, especially at night when the fluid around my lung redistributes and I feel like I can't move. But, overall, I'm eating better, walking, etc....
Mostly today I feel such inexpressible gratitude to all who have called, emailed, sent flowers, cards, candy and expressed care and concern to me. Mostly I feel gratitude towards my mother and husband. I can't believe how considerate they've been! Seriously! Washing out vomit basins, adjusting pillows, and giving massages-what wonderful care givers. I feel like I don't deserve all the love that's been poured out upon me!
It's hard to believe that I really had the procedure! What a whirlwind! My scars are healing, both Jeff and mom say it looks as if I was knifed! Nice. I guess I was knifed, but under controlled circumstances. The percocet (pain medication) is working nicely, except at night like I said. One downfall is that I can't drive until I'm off of it, so I feel a little isolated at the moment.
The surgeon and pulmonologist both agree that the pneumothoraces are probably from endometriosis, although there were no conclusive signs of it in my lung cavity. The biopsy result is still pending to my knowledge, and will let me know if there is another or different underlying lung issue.
Thanks again to all (friends, family, co-workers etc...) who have sent love and prayers my way. I am definitely feeling them! I cannot begin to express my gratitude for you all!!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You were worth every minute-I'd do it again if need be!! Just wished I could have taken the pain from you---yes, you do have a dear husband. He held up well considering he dislikes hospitals!! Glad to hear your voice sound better. Take care of yourself---Love you, Mom P.S. Hope Jeff is not enjoying a glass of wine without me!! Ha!
Post a Comment