I've been at the new job for one week now. It's interesting how when you are new, you take your job home with you. Not in the physical sense, but mentally. I find myself lying in bed remembering things that I need to do, or forgot to do, or need to ask about.
I forgot that I used to take my work home with me when I was a new nurse too. I would hear the alarms at home, dream about patients, and never really let go of the shift. As the years went by and I became more confident in my abilities and I was able to walk away and leave work at work.
Let me just say that I do not like taking work home with me. I like to leave it there- settled and finished to the best of my ability. So, I have to re-learn this part of a new job. Or perhaps I just need to learn the job, then I can leave it there; nice and safe at HCMC. I'm still on the curve, still slightly nervous and learning.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's amazing how fast we forget what is like to be "new" at a job, yet a "seasoned" nurse. I'm sure that you are doing an excellent job & soon will become the "expert" again. Each week will become easier, I remember taking my work home & it sure is nice to leave it at work!! Hang in there!
Post a Comment