Saturday, March 3, 2007

Signs of Mental Status

So, this weekend I am alone; sort of by chance because of the weather. To Jeff the snow means a chance to recreate before spring; and to me it means being held hostage inside with no plans. So, Jeff is at the cabin snowmobiling, and I'm here alone trying to be productive.
Here are some signs of my mental status: crying while watching Dances with Wolves, only wanting to eat chocolate or straight carbs (hash browns with ketchup), feeling ok and happy for an hour, then feeling sad and somber for 3 hours. Hmmmm.......hormones suck! I'm still "down regulating," so my pituitary gland is being shut down so the stimulation meds can work more precisely. It's been hard for me to know if I'm just in a funk because I'm thinking about what will happen this month, or because my body really doesn't like functioning without it's master gland. Who knows. Except that funks aren't cool.

No comments: