
Michelle and Tony are gone for the weekend, so Jeff and I are playing house. We have the delight of being entertained by our 19 month old nephew. We've found joy in almost all things in our house today. The old water bed in the upstairs vacant bedroom; pots and pans and anything else that happens to be in drawers and cupboards; scotch tape!!! (that was the best); Jeff's retainer in it's case makes a great rattle; every single remote in the house; billiard balls; oh! and Lucky!! (or Cu-kee) are all sources of joy and discovery for David. He got Jeff and I laughing so hard we were in tears, attempting to get Scotch tape off of his hands. I can't remember when I've laughed so much! Such a funny, sweet little guy!! I now understand why moms and grandmas have a constant source of Kleenex nearby at all times; they are one of the true necessities! It's amazing how your whole perspective and approach to things change when you are in charge of a child. Everything is for their benefit: the food we eat, when we go to sleep and when we wake up, where we go, what we watch and what we say. I do believe they make us better people, there is no room for selfishness! Perhaps that is why there is this need to create and nurture. It's good to focus on someone other than yourself! One other thing, have you ever considered how the smell of poop and peanut butter can mingle harmoniously?
2 comments:
Jenny, Last week you left me crying after I read your encounter with a memory of Dad & this week I am in gales of laughter. I can relate to your feelings & you certainly captured the "joy" of watching David!! That last question is too much!!! Get some rest & have a good week!! Love you, MOM
Great blog, Jenny! Good writer! So fun to hear how you are enjoying David!
LOVE that last thought!!!
Aunt Margie
Post a Comment