It was an enormously difficult decision to make, but Lucky wasn't feeling well and we couldn't watch her suffer anymore.
She was such a good dog.
She loved to swim, play fetch with her "pheasant," and chew on sticks.
She was a friendly little dog, to all who knew her.
She holds a special place in our hearts and our history.
R.I.P. Lucky Gackstetter
10 comments:
We are so sorry to hear about Lucky she was so special to us also
Tears are in my eyes as I write this.There are so many good memories to think of at the lake and at our place .I'm sure she loved having her own wild space
in the new backyard even if only for a short time. Thinking of you all. Love Dad and Mom Gackstetter
We feel so bad about Lucky-she really found a place in all our hearts. It just won't be the same place without her-even if she had shed a lot of dog hair! She was such a gentle companion-lots of good memories. Grandma Muckala said she was the only dog Grandpa ever let in the house. Julie felt terrible----Kari & Michelle were so sad---she will be fondly remembered. sending our tears & sympathy----Mom & Dad Serie
I am so sorry that Lucky is gone. I remember when Jeff first brought her over to our apartment. She was so little (and if I remember right left us a little puppy present on the floor!!). I also remember taking her on a run one summer...well actually I think she took me on the run! I know she was a special part of your family and she will be missed!
Thinking of you both and missing Lucky also. I remember running with her too except I was usually the one that had to drag her alone towards the end. But she loved every second of it.
Sorry to hear about LUCKY... A hard decision to make to put a loved pet to sleep, but watching the suffering isn't any fun either. I have been in your shoes before with my horsie that we had to put down a couple years ago that we got when I was 8... It brings tears to my eyes thinking about it right now.
She is in a better place!
Love you.
Jenny and Jeff,
My heart dropped when I read your blog. Even though you knew it was the end, it is still so sad to let her go. My favorite memories of Lucky are when we were at your cabin...she was so in her element swimming in the water and just running around free! I remember a picture that was taken with the cabin in the background and you can see Lucky in the window sitting all pretty just waiting for someone to come play! I was so glad we could go out on Friday...I think we both needed to talk about things and laugh!! Just call if you need anything!
We are so sorry to hear about Lucky Dog. We hope that the good and funny memories help you to get through the painful ones that you now are experiencing. Leah and Mya are remembering Lucky in their bedtime prayers. Mya says, "Dear God, Please help Lucky to feel better in Puppy Heaven and help Jeff and Jenny to not be so sad." They too, both know how special Lucky was to you and even though they would both squeal and run away as Lucky came near them, I think they liked her a little too!! We are thinking of you.
Jason, Sara, Leah and Mya
Jeff and Jenny-
I am so sorry to hear of Lucky's passing. Justin had called to tell me on Friday what was going on.. and my heart sank. Then to see your posting.. tears in my eyes. Just thinking of the fun times and memories when Morgan Jay and Lucky got to hang out together... she was a great dog and will be missed so much.
Lisa, Justin, Hayden and Lucky's pal, Morgan Jay
I am so sorry for your loss. Lucky was a great dog and a special part of your family. I looked forward to being greeted by her smiling face each time I came to visit. I will remember her best as the only dog I have ever known to just go out for a swim. She enjoyed paddling around the lake for swimming's sake and it puts a smile on my face just thinking about her. Lucky couldn't have had a better family to spend her life with.
Post a Comment