Saturday, January 12, 2008
Still Learning
Well, I finished my first week of orientation in my new position. I'm not sure I can give an adequate appraisal of it yet, since I am still learning all the things that I'll be doing. I can say that it is busy and stressful. It entails answering questions and complaints and requests of patients when they call the clinic, also looking up test results for the MD, ensuring new patients are well taken care of etc, etc.......It is difficult to transition from a job where you are the resource to needing a resource at all times! Hopefully I will master this form of nursing! The coworkers are wonderfully pleasant, but I'm still adjusting to my new relationship with staff physicians vs. residents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck! I'm sure you will be great. It's always fun to start a new job...and even better when you get past the initial onboarding portion!
Well I'm glad you are liking it so far. It must be nice to have the weekends free and to be on the same shift as your husband!
Just think back to when you first started as a nurse and how scary that was. Now look at how far you have come!!! You will do great.
I remember going from med-surg to ob. It is like learning a whole different world. Obviously it takes time...you are a fast learner and will have no problem! miss ya!
Post a Comment