Thursday, May 10, 2007

Location, Location.....

Hmmmmm......
Isn't it funny how where a person lives, seems to give away information about that person. In other words, certain judgements are made about people, depending on where they live.
Growing up in "the country" and coming to college in "the city" I didn't know that such judgements pertained to all areas of living. I thought city was city, and country was country. Not so!!! Apparently there is a difference between sub-urban and urban, and where you live, tells other people about what kind of a person you are. (ie political party affiliation, education level, income, open-minded, backwards, etc.....)
The only problem is, this kind of judgement is often misleading. As Jeff and I are trying to decide where we want to live, we're really also figuring out what a location "says" about us. And yet, we don't think that a location should define us. Anyway, just a little observation about our culture and deciding where to live!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Come live by us and you don't have to worry about it! Love ya!