What is hope?
In the last week, I've discovered that I've lost hope. In the face of adversity and disappointment, my hope has faded to despair. Optimism has vanished, and in it's place skepticism and negative thoughts prevail. I feel beaten down, exhausted, and uncaring. If only I could return to my previous self; the one that was upbeat, with a positive outlook and could see the world through a bigger lens. How do I return to and attitude of hopefulness? How can I build up my strength?
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
jenny - still with you - i am confident that God will help you sort through all of this. i pray that God's voice comes through loud and clear. God is the crucified God - God knows suffering. i don't have any psuedo three steps to hope messages for you. i do think your expressing yourself is a step in the direction of hope. grace to you.
All I can do is weep with those (You guys) who weep. I know by faith that God is still who He says He is even though my earthly circumstances cause me to suffer and change. I do know that sorrow and grief have an end and joy cometh. Love you both and I am listening and praying. TIA
Post a Comment