I was lying awake the other night, with my insomniac husband beside me, and for some reason I remembered myself as a child. I was probably 7 or 8, and I had this fantasy/hope/dream/wish that someone would drop a baby off at our doorstep, and because my mom already had enough to do, I would get to take care of it. I even remember convincing my little sister and bed mate, Kari, to pray with me for that very wish. I had been taught that "Where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am." And I thought for sure that if we prayed together, our prayer would be a little louder in God's ears.
Interesting thing, those childhood dreams; they often resurface in adulthood. I am still longing for a child, and asking my sisters to pray for me to get one!
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment