Saturday, December 20, 2008

Signs of the Season


I sent out all of my Christmas cards on Friday. They came back today with a note that I needed to use $0.42 stamp, not $0.41.

Macie has chewed on the one gift that was under the tree. She's also chewed through the cord that was holding a glass ornament on the tree.

I have yet to bake any Christmas treats. I decided none of us need extra cookie calories, so gave up the notion that I wanted to bake some. I'll focus on real food instead.

I keep finding more and more Christmas decorations that we stashed away when we moved. If I'm not careful, it could look like Santa threw up in my house!

I hate to admit that I'm sort of getting sick of the Christmas tunes. Anyone ready for New Year's??

Really, I'm excited for my entire family to snuggle up in our house to enjoy eachother and remember God's love for us all.





5 comments:

Erin said...

Sorry about the stamps...couldn't the post office just chip in and put some one centers on there for ya...tis the Season, right?! Your house looks beautiful...enjoy your family!

Michelle said...

House looks great! At least you get to put presents under your tree! I have to hide them in the closet and they STILL get found!! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to arrive on Wed--everything looks great!! Mom

Jeff and Candice said...

Your house looks beautiful!! I hope you and Jeff have a wonderful holiday! Happy 2009!!!
Love you two and miss you both!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you in less than two days!! I'm so excited to see your new house-it looks beautiful! Hopefully the roads stay clear for our drive. Don't worry, I made the cookies! See you soon and love you lots! Kari