Jeff and Macie and I went for a walk around our neighborhood last night. The weather was perfect, and it felt so good to take a deep breath of the fresh air! On our way back from our house we passed our neighbor, who is installing a paver-block driveway. He was at the end of his driveway with large earphones on, assumably listening to music. (We have heard him singing opera-type music in his garden, through the trees that divide our lots. Yelling- opera!) When we were about 25 yards a way he looked up from his work directly at us, Farmer-blew his nose, looked down and kept working. As we approached, Jeff said in a loud voice "Lookin' pretty good!" They guy never looked at us as we walked right past his nose! Never acknowledged us with a wave-nada. We were completely ignored!
I don't know why, but his rudeness and disrespect bothers me.
So Jeff and I nicknamed him "Mr Nice Guy."
I guess we won't be asking them for a cup of sugar anytime soon.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a sweetie. I would go over and ask him for the cup of sugar just because it would probably bug him...just make sure he doesn't blow his nose in it...gross!
That's disturbing! I thought opera singers were supposed to be friendly! =)
Post a Comment