Saturday, June 21, 2008

Meet Macie

Here she is!!! We picked her up on Thursday night, and she has already enamoured us with her charming ways! On the ride home from the kennel she didn't move or make a sound, and we wondered if we picked the right dog. We wanted her to lick or bite or give some sort of indication that she was a puppy. That night we gave her a bath and tried to get her to trust us. Everything about her leaving her momma and brothers/sisters was new to her. By Friday morning we began to see that she had some spunk.
Last night she was running through the plants in the front of the house like they were an obstacle course. Running, and jumping and chewing on all the plants. It is fun to see her become more confident and see her personality start to emerge.
Very few accidents in the house, so far. We'll see how that changes when we both go to work on Monday. We're having a ton of fun with her so far, she's such a day brightener!


5 comments:

The Carr Family said...

She is so adorable! Kalleigh is so jealous. She has been begging her Dad for a puppy so bad... She has even gone as far as to say to her dad... when Max-current dog- dies can we get a puppy?? With tears in her eyes and the whole bit. I think if we would have let her, she would have moved in with Tony and Shallyn and their litter of puppies. She would make a great dog sitter if we lived closer!! Congratulations and enjoy your new puppy- they are so much fun!!

Erin said...

Macie!! I want to hold her! Congrats and enjoy her being a puppy...I don't know how people can resist them. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Michelle said...

OHHHH! I just want to squeeze her! And I love the name!! We'll have to come see you soon!

Angela said...

So Cute! I can't wait to meet her on Saturday!

Jina said...

She is sooo sweet! And I bet so much fun too! Enjoy little Macie girl!