OK, another Weekend Top Ten:
1. Becoming excited about a new puppy. We are hoping to get our new family member in 1-2 weeks. It will be 6 weeks old the end of this week, but that is still a little young to take a puppy home. We are fighting the urge to adopt early. We are trying to listen to our heads and not our hearts, and wait 2 more weeks to play with and love a puppy!
2. Welcoming a new niece to the family!
3. Cooking and baking. For some reason I feel happy when I cook/bake lately. Today I baked 3 loaves of banana-date bread and a pan of lasgana for later in the week. I have plans to make Curry Chicken, Chipped Beef, and Chicken Enchiladas this week. For next weekend, I have aspirations to make Rhubarb Torte, and Blueberry Coffee Cake, for a family gathering. For some reason it feels good and therapeutic to create something.
4. Getting new summer sandals!!! I'm ready for the boat, sun, sand, and where ever else I want to wear these bitches. I love these new sandals!! Yeeee-haw! Gotta love Keen.
5. Mark West Pinot Noir; smooth and light. Perfect for summer.
6. Dinner with friends.
7. Looking at the moon through my window.
8. Listening to the music the rain makes.
9. Driving the 4-wheeler around the yard.
10. Feeling ready for the week. For some reason there is a lot going on this week. An appt with a new IVF MD, our 8 year wedding anniversary, and an appt with a new primary care MD. Pursuing the future with roots in the past.
I so wish the weekends were longer!!!!!! Why can't the work week be 4 days, and the weekend 3? That seems a little more balanced. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................
5 comments:
Oh that pic of that puppy is ADORABLE! I'm SO excited for you to get a puppy! I think David will pee his pants with excitement also! Glad you are having such good weekends!
I loved that you called your sandals "bitches". Happy anniversary!!!
Keens are the most wonderful shoes ever invented! (Check out Chacos, too) We love reading your blog to see what's new in MN. Your new little pup is adorable!
MMMmmm Pinot Noir! Sounds like a fabulous top 10 to me!
bitches?
Post a Comment