Monday night I knew it was there. Scared to actually admit it and let the word poison my mouth I didn't want to face it's reality; but my plans to fly to Denver tomorrow made me call my pulmonologist to tell him I knew I had a pneumothorax.
That's right.
The thing that I was told would never return........
Like a cancer, a malignant growth; or perhaps I'm being too harsh, and old friend-I know him so well; he returned to mess up my plans and make me worry about the health of my body.
After a few xrays confirmed the small airspace at the top of my lung, and after my lung doctor suggested it might not be safe to fly.......... for fear the small air space could become large, I had some thinking to do. Drive? 14 hrs... Fly? 2hrs.... Stay home?...nahhh.
I'm supposed to fly with my Mom, sister, niece, and nephew to visit my other sis, whom I haven't seen since Thanksgiving. Big plans....a girl's weekend......a get-away.
The pneumo feels less today. So small it's now probably "tiny?" I've decided to take the risk and hop the plane to have fun with the fam. I'm sure it'll all be fine, but the pneumo has added apprehension and a tinge of fear to my fun, again.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't even know what to say...you are always in my thoughts and prayers! Have a wonderful time with your family...you deserve it. Love you!
It's not fair is such an understatement... Hopefully the fun you will have will take your mind off of it! Have fun flying with young children!! Bring lots of auntie treats! My girls always seem to love what is in Grethe's purse more than my own-especially on the airplane!!
Tell Kari and her electrician, Hi, from the Carrs'!
CRAZY!!! I can't believe it's back...Yuck! I hope you have a great time with the girls...and David! Glad you decided to go!
Post a Comment