Saturday, April 5, 2008

Saturday Morning

While it's nice to sleep in, there is something inspiring about watching the sunrise. The colors through the trees, the dawn of a new day.....my husband calling for turkeys....
He recently discovered that we have wild turkeys around our house, and has since been turkey scouting every day. Currently, he is outside on the porch, coffee in hand, bed head and all- calling the turkeys. He says he can hear them gobbling back from the trees near our house, but I wonder if he's imagining it.
One never knows how sunlight will stream through the windows of a new house. (I suppose some direction-minded people do.) I must say I am so pleased with the sunlight that comes through our windows. It could be that I am sunlight deprived, but I love the morning sun through our front windows, and the afternoon sun through the back windows. And no shades or blinds to be seen!!! Pure, skin-warming, mood enhancing sunlight!
Happy weekend!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds wonderful!! I just took my first little walk outside to the mailbox and it's amazing what a little sun can do for a person! Tell Jeff good luck with the turkey calling or whatever it is you call it! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!!

The Carr Family said...

Boys will be boys... it seems like everytime I turn around, Wes and the girls are talking about shooting something in the backyard...usually squirrels. Not quite as exciting as turkeys, but the girls seem to have the hunting gene in their blood...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I had noticed when I was with you last (at new abode) that your scenery had improved immensely-the last time I was at the town home --a dog with a big collar around his neck was pooping outside your living room window!! Ha!! I love the woods right outside your back windows--lovely!! Am glad you are enjoying the results of your hard work these past few months!!! Like g-pa Muckala said "I relish it"!! Love Ma,Ma

Jeff and Candice said...

That sounds wonderful!! I am sure you both are enjoying your new home