Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ambiance


Contentment has set in; my house is clean, a roast is in the slow cooker, wine is corked, and good music is playing. For me, it's all about the ambiance. I guess that is why I like Christmas so much.
I love to decorate the tree with ornaments I've collected for the past 30 years, to remember who gave them to me and what they represent. I love to shop for family and loved ones, to find the one thing that they need or will make them excited. I love to receive cards in the mail, to get updates on friends and family that I haven't connected with in awhile. I like to bake, little goodies like pumpkin and banana breads, cream wafers, mint dazzler etc...... I love to go to holiday parties, or to host them. It feels so festive and loving to meet up with friends during this time of year. I like the night sparkling with Christmas lights, but not the kind that are gaudy, and especially not the blow-up Santa kind (sorry to offend!). I like this time of the year for the ambiance that comes with it.


This is the first year for us, as a married couple, not to decorate a Christmas tree. It's ok, just different not to have the tree and it's ambiance in our home. For now we are substituting with the pine-scented candle and the Christmas music. I'll turn the lights down low, and we'll enjoy the neighbors tree through our un-covered windows!!

No comments: