Well, we had a busy weekend making house decisions. My work schedule this month includes working all evening (3pm-11pm) shifts, which makes it difficult to 1) see my husband and communicate effectively, and 2) make and agree on decisions for our new home. We semi-agreed (is that like compromise?) on carpet, counter tops, paint colors, and tile for our bathroom; making all of these decisions in the past 3 days. Of course we'll see what the estimates come back as, and we may need to decide on less expensive options.
I didn't think this whole process would be so stressful and draining. We are almost considering hiring a designer to help us. It's hard to have a clear vision of how everything will all come together. Anyway, we are hoping to be in the new house by the first of the year. It is hard to say......some weeks a lot of stuff gets done, and others (like last week) nothing is done at all. We are hoping the insulation and sheet rock will be installed this week. Sorry we don't have updated pictures. Seems like not much on the exterior has changed, and interior is all wires, and wall studs. When it gets interesting I'll post more!
3 comments:
Yes, I do wish I could have a tour of the house as it is now, but will wait until Thanksgiving week-end. The stress of house building!! Oh, by the way, I am especially happy to see you have posted your pictures again. I hated seeing an empty table on the deck, I'm partial to your beautiful faces!! Love you-Mom
Although the stress of building/designing is stressful, be thankful you have the opportunity to design and have a say in where you live. Growing up, and living in the same house you have lived in for thirty years can at time be extremely BORING. Have you ever been to an uppercase living party? They have decorating rub ons with awesome sayings in all sizes to put on your walls... (Went to a party this weekend... and really enjoyed the products...)Lots of neat ideas for different rooms in your house. Right now we are stuck because all of our couches need to be replaced, however with young kids... what is the point... I am afraid we are "stuck in a decorating RUT" for a few more years... I envy people who take the time to decorate/update their home on a regular basis... I am such a loser when it comes to decorating... Oh... where do I even start?? The bathroom? Definately!!
Have a great day.
K
I wish I had a home bigger than a garage to decorate...heck I wish I had a garage too. Oh well.
Post a Comment