I haven't really been sad to leave our old house, until I walked in, and all the rooms were empty and clean, like no one had lived there. We were young, naive newlyweds clambering to start life together and see what it would bring when we first inhabited that home. I was a young bride, full of idealistic expectations of marriage, life, and starting a family. We've been through many changes in that place. It has seen us through celebration, success, new life, mourning, compromise, and general meandering along life's paths. Good times and bad have unfolded under that sturdy roof.
I suppose they will happen under any roof that we chose, and the house is just a shell in which life occurs, but it none-the-less feels like the end of an era. The official end of our young married life. For some reason I feel like we are leaving that place wiser, a little more experienced, and sort of strenghtened, battered veterans. I know in the grand scheme of things we really are young, but we've experienced a lot of growing pains in the past 7 years.
So, we're moving forward to see what else we will discover in the midst of this world's chaos, all the while being thankful to have a roof over our heads.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It definitely is weird that you will no longer live in that house. On the other hand, Tony and I would love to help you build just as many memories in the new house as you have in the old! "Out with the old, in with the new!"
I understand your feelings somewhat!! I thought about all the times you opened your home to all of the extended family,(as a newly married couple). Remembering the excitement of getting the carpet in & watching you through a "mother's eyes" make your first house a home. You both did an superb job! We'll be here for you in the next phase. Love, (at times known as cinderella)!! Ha! Ha!
We will miss your house also but your new house has new memories to be made. Enjoy the time spent making them.
We love you ,
Mom and Dad Gackstetter
I can't wait to come home and see the new house for the first time...I hope it is done when we get there. I also feel the memories to be made in your new home are going to fill your hearts with joy. Love you guys
Jina and Eddie
Post a Comment