Well..... yesterday my right lung started hurting again. I knew that something wasn't right, but almost didn't want to admit it to myself because I knew what it would mean. The pain subsided, but I still felt "different" all day. On the walk back from the hospital to my car my right chest started hurting, so I caved and called my clinic. I got an immediate appt and CXR, which showed another pneumothorax. This time it's not a big as the last. I have an appt with a pulmonologist on Friday. I'll be glad to hear what he has to say.
I have a gut feeling that these pneumothoraxes are related to my endometriosis. Apparently pneumothoraxes are rare in women, but occur most frequently in women with endometriosis. The endometrial tissue can spread and grow anywhere in your body. In March 2006, we found out that mine was on my bladder and bowel. A rare place when my reproductive organs were not affected by it. So, after my ptx in January, I spoke with my IVF MD, and he said it sounded suspicious for catamenial ptx, or a lung collapse caused by endometriosis.
So......I'm home resting until I can see the pulmonologist.
My primamry care clinic and IVF clinic are in the same building. I feel like I'm there every week. Like I have cancer or something.
I was really hoping that this blog would take a turn and start feeling positive and fun; but it seems that my life is just not heading in that direction.
I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with changes and diagnoses. I want to take a time out. Re-foucus, re-energize, heal.......take time to get to know the new me.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Jenny and Jeff,
Sorry to hear the news about your lung problem returning . We are thinking and praying for you both. We love you and miss you !! Dad and Mom Gackstetter
Post a Comment